The torque numbers don’t tell the whole story. The car is very pleasing to drive with sufficient power on tap, never once did it feel underpowered.
BHPian crazydevil recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Had a quick spin today, the TD vehicle was a spanking new XZ+ tech Lux in Tropical Mist. Barely 40 km on the odo. Few quick observations:
- Tropical Mist is GORGEOUS, very pleasing on the eye, and one of the few Tata EV colors where the blue EV bits don’t really look out of place.
- Can confirm that there are no reverse parking sensors. However the camera has dynamic guidelines.
- The pole type antenna is an eyesore.
- The hyperstyle wheel covers look little overdone. I was told that they are interchangeable with the Tigor EV covers, which have a less busy design.
- Roads in my city are mostly flat, but I tried the roll-back on the slope of a flyover. I found it good enough, not at all a deal breaker.
- The torque numbers don’t tell the whole story. The car is very pleasing to drive with sufficient power on tap, never once did it feel underpowered. Ofcourse, being inside the city, I did not go over 80 kmph. But this is meant to be a city car after all, and it should do that job wonderfully.
- No traction control = wheelspin in S mode. May end up wearing out the tyres early.
- A transparent plastic clip-bit on the windshield towards the driver side caught my attention, apparently Tata is providing such clips to hold parking tickets / toll receipt etc. Nice touch!
The sales exec said that Tata is prioritizing deliveries of the top end variants. He told me to expect the delivery at the end of this month. Looking forward to it!
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article