The engine feels like a huge upgrade both in terms of power and NVH levels. Also, fuel efficiency is better with more power.
BHPian ragh_bhushan recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
Brought home Furteela Ghonga 2.0 on 9/11 this year. It will complete two months soon and has been driven about 10,000 kms so far. Coming from 2016 4×4 AT, here are my initial impressions:
- Engine – Feels like a huge upgrade both in terms of power and NVH levels. Also, FE is better with more power
- Ride quality is significantly better than previous gen stock suspension. I had upgraded to OME suspension in my previous Fortuner which I am going to do on this as well.
- Brakes! They are massive upgrades and super adequate for this truck
- Rear diff lock and easy engagement of low ratio
- Love the design
- Cabin feels “more” premium
- Middle row AC controls are better
- Front Passenger power adjustable seats and thigh adjustment
- Powered boot
- LED lights (Like all except fog lamps which are useless)
- Apple Carplay and Android Auto
- Seat folding mechanism is better
- More storage space for knick knacks
- Power outlet for all rows
- Smart entry and go
- Wipers are pretty good even in super windy and high speed driving
- Ventilated seats
- Rear speakers are pathetic
- Fog lamps are purely for aesthetics and serve no other purpose
- Steel spare
- Front side indicator is placed very low
- Paint quality is poor
- No LED in the boot area
- Cup holders in the center seems useless. It would have been better as regular storage space
- Storage area behind that also seems useless
- Power boot opening is too slow
- DPF regeneration have been happening regularly and haven’t faced any issue so far (~150-200 km interval)
- Adblue consumption is about ~4000 / 8L so far. I have filled up twice when the DTE was ~1000 kms
- 10,000 km first oil change service costed Rs. 8029 including wheel alignment and balancing
- I am curious to see the performance of BS6 in high altitude areas like Umling La etc
- Hoping to start another ownership thread with more detailed review. Dropping some pics here for now.
Priest performing pooja
1000 km service
Sabarmati River Front
Somewhere on Indore – Gwalior Highway
Purvanchal EW – One of the best roads I have driven so far.
Goa pilgrimage with its buddy!
Read BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article