With Baleno going the AMT way, I think this is the most VFM (if not cheapest) CVT in India now.
BHPian naru80 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I test drove the Amaze CVT today. Some impressions:
- The car looks acceptable now, after the minor facelift. In dark colors it looks bigger that it actually is.
- The ample use of beige make the interiors look nice and airy.
- The dash layout is simple and elegant with everything where it should be.
- The boot is big, I think it’s the best in class.
- With Baleno going the AMT way, I think this is the most VFM (if not cheapest) CVT in India now.
- CVT’s very nice for sedate, city driving. It’s not jerky or annoying like some AMTs.
- White color makes it look like a cab. For some strange reason it is more expensive too in white.
- Touchscreen is responsive. But the rear camera is the worst I’ve seen in any car that I have tested in the last few days.
- Speakers are below average.
- Scores very low in bling factor. No sunroof, high end audio, etc.
An the ugly:
- The front seats are a pain, esp if you are a big guy. They seriously lack under-thigh support and i found even lumbar support to be inadequate. Long drives will be a pain.
- With the world moving to SUVs, sedans need to offer something special in driving dynamics to draw customers. This one, sadly, doesn’t.
- No cruise control in automatic.
Check out BHPian comments for more insights and information.
Source: Read Full Article