The all-electric Peugeot e-2008 is kind of a crossover/SUV version of the e-208, with the same battery, motor and charging system
Peugeot introduced the next generation 2008 crossover/SUV model, available in gasoline, diesel and all-electric versions. The new e-2008 is the second electric passenger car announced by the French manufacturer after the e-208.
It’s important to note that the Peugeot e-2008 is equipped with the same 50 kWh battery and 100 kW powertrain configuration as the:
Because the e-2008 is bigger and heavier, the WLTP range will be some 30 km (19 miles) lower at 310 km (193 miles). The single battery/powertrain setup suggests a cost-saving approach by PSA Group.
Currently, it seems that the closest competitor to the e-2008 in Europe will be the Hyundai Kona Electric and Kia Niro EV (e-Niro). Sales are expected to start around 2019/2020.
On the exterior design, we find it interesting, but some unique lines probably will polarize customers – some will like it, some will think it’s too much.
The new e-2008 will be slightly different compared to its ICE siblings with:
- A sparkling dichroic Lion emblem, with reflections alternating between green and blue depending on the angle of view
- An “e” monogram on the front side panel and tailgate.
- A body coloured chequered front grille
- Exclusive seat upholstery in Alcantara© on the e-2008 SUV GT
- Animation of specific information illustrating the operation of the powertrain in real time, accessed through the 3D digital instrument panel and can also be projected, like a hologram, via the colour
The new e-2008 will also get Peugeot’s latest 3D i-Cockpit with compact steering wheel and heads-up display:
“On the head-up display, information is projected in hologram form close to the driver’s eye-line, helping to improve reaction times. The centre console comes with a 10-inch colour touchscreen (depending on trim), with TomTom® Traffic connected 3D Navigation. Every all-new 2008 SUV model will also come standard with MirrorScreen®, enabling MirrorLink®, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto connectivity.”
Peugeot e-2008 specs:
Below you can find images and the first set of videos:
Source: Read Full Article