Fleets, businesses and apartment managers looking to upgrade their vehicles to plug-in electric models would do well to consider the Grizzl-E Smart Commercial Bundle from United Chargers. The bundle includes both the charging station for your electric vehicles as well as the software you need to handle all sorts of details companies will find useful, including ways to track station usage, generate reports and download data on charging sessions. These kinds of details are vital when trying to calculate total cost of ownership (TCO), and the Grizzl-E Smart Commercial Bundle simplifies gathering these numbers in an affordable end-to-end solution.
How affordable? We’ll get to the cost of the hardware in a moment, but one of the main benefits of the Grizzl-E Smart Commercial Bundle is how much the included activation services and warranty can save you. Grizzl-E’s three main competitors charge around $350-$400 for three years of network services, but these services are included in the Grizzl-E Smart Commercial Bundle, which makes the package’s lower MSRP even more attractive when compared to the alternatives.
Moving on to the station itself, the Grizzl-E Smart EVSE and the Commercial Bundle cost $1,299, which, again, includes three years of network services, a three-year hardware warranty and other benefits like a 25-foot cable and a metal enclosure. Similar units from competitors cost at least $100 more, with some companies charging over $2,700 just for the charger and then another $350 for network services and almost $400 for the warranty, putting this company’s total three-year cost at almost $3,500 compared to $1,299 for the Grizzl-E Commercial Bundle.
Grizzl-E’s network services are provided by ChargeLab software, which allows station owners to set pay-per-use EV charging fees and collect revenue from guests, tenants or the general public. How much revenue you get is your decision, as you can easily set pricing for charging sessions. In a multi-family residence, for example, the station owner has the ability to power share and bill rental tenants or condo owners for the power usage they consumed. If you want to make the Grizzle-E Smart EVSE open to anyone, you can use a QR code that customers can scan in order to pay for their session using a mobile browser and easily begin charging. Owners can also handle payments through ChargeLab’s software, which is certified for OpenADR demand response integration with utilities. Grizzle-E Smart Commercial charging station operators can also restrict EV charger access based on user accounts or other factors, if needed.
Product specifications for the Grizzl-E Smart EVSE hardware include:
- Powerful 40-amp (10 kW AC) delivery
- Adjustable power: 40A, 32A, 24A and 16A
- J1772 Type 1 connector
- Up to 30 miles per hour charging speed
- Available with either NEMA 14-50 or NEMA 6-50 plug configurations (can also be hardwired by a licensed electrician)
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Supports the open and interoperable OCPP 1.6 protocol
- IP67 water and fire-resistant indoor/outdoor metal enclosure
- Can be installed indoors or outdoors thanks to a NEMA 4 aluminum cast robust enclosure, with an optional lock
- Energy Star Certified and UL Certified for the US and Canada
- Proudly made in Canada
- Eligible for a wide range of Level 2 EVSE rebates across the US and Canada
The ChargeLab commercial software includes the following features:
- Manage the Grizzl-E Smart or any other OCPP-compliant EV charger through an intuitive dashboard
- Track usage, generate reports, and download data
- Set pay-per-use EV charging fees and collect revenue from guests, tenants, or the general public
- Restrict EV charger access based on user accounts, RFID cards, or open up your chargers to the public
- Install more chargers on a limited electrical circuit using power management
Gallery: Grizzl-E Smart Commercial Charger
You can purchase the Grizzl-E Smart Commercial Bundle directly from the Grizzl-E website or on Amazon. For personal home charging, United Chargers also sells the Grizzl-E Smart charging unit on its website. Since launching 2 months ago, ChargeLab has connected over 450 Grizzl-E Smart chargers for single-family home users.
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Flipboard
- Share on Reddit
- Share on WhatsApp
- Send to email
Source: Read Full Article